Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Training Day 3

So we did train on Tuesday, Training Day 2.

We did upper body. Worked on chest and arms and did abdomen.

First I warmed up with ten minutes on.the treadmill. Then I did 3 sets of triceps pull downs, 3 sets of lat pull downs and 3 sets of bench press. Then I finished off with 20 crunches.

Today we went back out to our muddy trail. It was great.  Training Day 3.

And this time I actually ran. For real. I ran. Nearly half a mile! I know, WOW! HAHAHA!

My #2 took off as soon as we hit the gate, mind you he's 6'3" so once he starts it doesn't take long for him to be gone. But his knees have been giving him problems these last few years. So when he took off and I started my power walking I suddenly started running as well.  I don't know.  I hand't planned it, but there I was, running.  Actually more like jogging.

Next thing I know I see my #2 walking and slowing down, then stop to wait for me. All this time he hasn't looked behind him so he doesn't know I've been running too. And as I get closer he turns around and is surprised to see me running.  I had to chuckle because I was just as surprised as he was.  So I passed him and yell  "I DON'T KNOW HOW!" and kept going.

Next thing I know here he comes running next to me. Cool! I have to tell you I was starting to feel pain. The one thing that kept me going was this:

"I wanna be an Airborne Ranger
  Live the life of sex and danger....."

And there was this one also that I remember:

"C-130 rollin' down the strip,
  Airborne daddy gonna take a little trip.
  Stand-up, hook-up, shuffle to the door,
  Jump right out and count to four...."

If you haven't guessed they are military cadence verses. I was in the Army once upon a time, and stationed with a Ranger unit in Georgia. These all came back to me when I needed them the most. The cadences kept me going. I kept repeating for as long as I could in my head.

At nearly the half mile point where the "muddy stairs" start I couldn't keep going and had to stop. So close.  That's okay, I did more than I expected and I'm proud of myself.  After resting for a few minutes we went up the "muddy steps", from there I chose to go down the muddy incline, it's good practice for tough mudder.

From there we headed back. My #2 ran back, I chose to power walk instead. Once we arrived at the park I did 20 modified push ups and those felt good.   I'm really happy with how our training has been working out so far.

If I keep this up I may actually have to buy a new wardrobe. Oh the sacrifice!

Till next time friends, stay motivated and remember, LIFE IS FOR LIVING!

No comments:

Post a Comment